Friday, May 19, 2006

Celtic stuff

**UPDATED**

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting








BOO YEAH





On a more serious note, this sod nearly killed me. It's symmetrical in terms of structure, but the opposite of symmetrical with regards to the weave. If a weave goes over on the left, then it's reflection must go under on the right. If it goes over on the right, then it's reflection must go under on the left. Furthermore, the entire weave, which can be followed with your eyes (or your finger if you're tired) continiously alternates, in the sense that it goes under, over, under, over, under, over, without fail, whether it's crossing over sides or not.

I'm still not finished, I've got to pencil it again yet.

My head hurts.

10 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

*plots to steal Raevyn's talent*

Aw hell, I'll just steal you! =P

The eyes are kinda scary, I didn't notice them first. Very, very cool.

*licks dragons*

5:58 pm  
Anonymous foo said...

Beautiful Raevyn, how long did it take you?

2:18 am  
Anonymous Rose White said...

That's very nice, difficult to work out something that complex. It reminds me of those visual deceptions, the ones where things can't possibly meet up and stairs lead back to the beginning etc. Can't think who did them right now....

Pretty dragons too

*also licks dragons*

7:18 pm  
Blogger The Raevyn said...

It took me about three days or so..Escher! MC Escher is the man who did those graphite drawings of stairs that never end, hands drawing each other, waterfalls going upwards, and allsorts. He is one of my favourite artists. I based a few of my art projects in school on him, he's brilliant. And he draws almost all his stuff in black and white too, which just makes him even more brilliant!

10:16 am  
Blogger The Raevyn said...

P.S the dragons are flattered by the saliva.

10:18 am  
Blogger Charlie said...

Oh wow! I love the update, really, really amazing!

5:39 pm  
Blogger Scarlet Phoenix said...

Hey you cant steal my Raevyn, I was going to steal her first...I mean errrm.... No she is her own person, not to be stolen by anybodies...who are anywheres...

Seconded, or possibly third or fourthed, its very cool, I love it when you do things iwith a celtic weave.

8:28 pm  
Blogger Nicole said...

Neat! Very cool!

*wants a dragon*

*decides not to lick the dragons, because they have rose's and charlie's saliva on them already*

12:37 am  
Anonymous bbb85 said...

Celtic Blaaaaah?! Raevyn are you using my name in vain again?

That was awesome as all your artwork is.

11:31 pm  
Blogger The Raevyn said...

No sir, I know how your ears do twitch, I shall not use your name in vain again.

9:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home