Monday, June 26, 2006

Football update

Apparantly the world cup goes on. I have now watched a grand total of three football matches in the last few days. Three! That's more than I've ever watched in my entire life. Well when I say 'watch' I utilise the term very loosely indeed.

I watched the England vs...someone else match yesterday, and showed what I thought of it all by blatantly drawing a pretty picture on some paper, and not doing anything that could be interpreted as paying attention. I then almost had a heart attack when England scored, because I got kind of involved in my drawing and wasn't really paying attention to the eerily silent football fans who were enraptured by the big screen around me. Then all of a sudden for reasons unapparant to me, they all jumped upright at the same time and simultaneously went "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEESSSS!!!!" or something like that, I don't know, I was too busy getting violently shocked out of my trance to know what the fark they were yelling about. It was a goal, apparantly. Whoo..hoo?

And then I watched another match in the evening, I really cannot remember for the life of me who was playing. Point is, I was awake and conscious for the first half, but I think that was because I had food. Then for the second half I pulled my hood over my head, my hat over my eyes, and fell asleep on the sofa. If you wandered through Cartmel bar during the football last night and saw some scruffy long haired girl curled up and dead to the world amongst some other distinctly non asleep football fans, that was probably me.

Can you tell I love football?

2 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

The World Cup is shiiite.

Say no more.

I ended up seeing the last 20 minutes of England's match yesterday; it was boring.


And on nil-nil scores: in a rugby match for there to be a nil-nil score something must have been seriously wrong with the match. QED, there is something serious wrong with football. I think it's the entire game. *snicker*

8:25 pm  
Blogger The Raevyn said...

Oh yes, that's a good point. If no one scores in rugby, it means that they are all crap. Therefore the same must apply to football. They should dock their pay if they score no goals, that'll teach them.

8:27 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home