Thursday, June 01, 2006

What do you see?

This is an optical illusion, an oldish one. You need to look at it, and tell me what you see.

Note: I didn't design or invent this, I just drew it. The original illusion was done by someone called Sandro Prete. The other day I felt the overwhelming urge to sit down and draw something in pencil, so I decided to replicate the illusion and see if I could do it myself. Viola. It's a little rushed, but oh well.






Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Now. You will probably look at it and see two lovers, in a bottle. But if you show this drawing to young children, they will see nine dolphins, and not two lovers. Children and adults see different things in this drawing.

This is because young children have not yet developed the mental schema of two lovers. They don't know what they are, so they don't see the image. They see dolphins instead.

Adults see the two lovers first, then they see the dolphins. Often, adults need prompting to see them. I did. Can you see the dolphins? There are nine of them. Look at the black spaces between the man and the woman.

If you can't see them still, turn the picture sideways. If you cannot see the dolphins no matter what you do, then you are a horny bastard, with a one track mind, and should consult your doctor as of immediately.

That, or my shading skills are sub standard. Hmm. I hope it's not because of the second one.

Disclaimer: Should you decide to show this drawing to any nearby young children/neices/nephews/sons/daughters/any young person in range, and should they not see the dolphins, but instead see nekked people, and consequentially have unanswered questions as to the contents and meaning of this picture and come to you with the questions, I take no responsibility, dumbass. Good luck!

3 Comments:

Blogger kojak said...

that's awsome.

5:19 am  
Blogger The Raevyn said...

Well thank you very much, person who I have not seen before.

5:30 am  
Anonymous Benny said...

lol I see the dolphins first this time \o/

10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home