Friday, January 26, 2007

Dear door,

Dear door,

Why can't you just behave like a normal door. All I want is for you to stay open when I prop you open. You don't seem to want to. You are actually higher up than my one and only door wedge, and this will not do. You won't stay open. I can prop you up with books or boxes or nearby small children, yet you just won't stay open. The only thing that seems to satisfy you and prevent you from creeping closed again is shoes, and the fact is, sometimes I like to wear my shoes and I don't have enough to go leaving them all unattended in doorways. I do hope you consider my request, I don't like it when I'm standing in the doorway, talking to someone, and you decide to quietly snap shut right on my knuckles and make me want to cry. It's mean, that's what it is.

I hope we can still be friends.

Yours,

Raevyn

1 Comments:

Blogger Charlie said...

Wedge a fork under it!

That generally works.

Or if you can sacrifice it, a teaspoon.

12:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home