Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Wordsworth, and other things that merit equal excitement

Today, Raevyn is reading Prelude, by Wordsworth. Essentially his autobiography, in the form of the biggest sodding poem you've ever seen. I know that you, my devoted fans, (all two of you) are insanely jealous of my good fortune right now.

And now, an educational supplement. A new feature, if you will. The word for the week, is -

Obstreperousness. adj - Noisy, boisterous, defiant, or resisting control in an unruly manner.

"Put that knife down, Jason. You're being horribly obstreperous."

"Those WWF Wrestlers are terrible obstreperous fellows, aren't they?"

"Hannibal, you really need to stop eating people. It is awfully obstreperous."

11 Comments:

Blogger Sophie said...

*coughs*

Who is the other devoted fan, eh?

9:15 pm  
Blogger The Raevyn said...

Oh, only you. 'Two' is actually an old Anglo-Saxon spelling for 'one', you know.

9:41 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

Your pants are on fire, my love.

I thought you meant DV.

8:47 am  
Anonymous Lizzie said...

I felt an enormous sense of achievement when I finished that book, someone I'm sure I'm a better person for havign read it....

10:40 pm  
Blogger The Raevyn said...

You read the poem in it's entirety? Congratulations you, it's not easy going, or so I found anyway!

4:45 pm  
Anonymous DV said...

i thought i smelt sniged fur...

...not that im saying Raevyn has hairy legs...

...infact she has no hairy anything...

...not that i saying she's bald either...


...why is everyone looking at me!!!!...


...oh right - im acting insane at the moment.........ok scratch "acting"...

6:35 pm  
Blogger The Raevyn said...

Forgot your medication today, DV?

6:37 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

Rae, how does DV know anything about your supposed lack of hairy anything?

I demand an explanation.

12:54 pm  
Blogger The Raevyn said...

There will be NO discussion of anything along those lines here, take it outside, you two! Pistols at dawn, or however it is you crazy kids do that these days.

5:01 pm  
Blogger Sophie said...

It's not him I'm challenging, woman. It's you!

I demand an explanation from you!

7:13 pm  
Blogger Charlie said...

Oh, I have the impending joy of Wordsworth after Easter. Having just suffered 100+ pages of Samuel Johnson's 'Journey to the Western Islands of Scotland'. I was the only person in my tutorial, other than my tutor, to have read that far ... And I did give up. Though the English Department here is utterly sex-obssessed. 'Tis most amusing.


I don't think DV counts as a fan ... more a stalker =p

7:35 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home