Wednesday, August 26, 2009

My Mother vs Technology IV

Setting: There are two windows on the taskbar. Mum has computer. Will not relinquish. I need her to open the second window.

Me: "Right, you need to open the second window."

Mum: "Where is that?"

Me: It's in the taskbar."

Mum "Stop talking gobbledegook!!"

Me: "Okay. You see the blue bar at the bottom."

Mum: "No."

Me: "Look at the very bottom of the screen. That big blue line."

Mum: "Yes."

Me: "The second window is in that."

Mum: "I can't see it."

Me: "It's the second blue rectangle."

Mum: "Where?"

Me: "Okay. You see the green box on the left."

Mum: "No."

Me: "Look at the very bottom left of the moni - screen. There is a blue square with the word 'start' written in it. Do you see it."

Mum: "Yes."

Me: "Now. You see the dark blue rectangle, directly to the right of that."

Mum: "Yes."

Me: "Now, you see the blue rectangle directly to the right of that first blue rectangle. It's a slightly paler blue."

Mum: "Yes."

Me: "Click it."

*clicks*

Mum: (scream) "You've knocked out my page!!!"

Me: "It's behind the page that's on the screen now!"

Mum: "You knocked it out!"

I forget what happened after that. I think I developed amnesia. The day before that she spent an entire day getting confused by confused.com (that's the pretty, polite version) and I sorta couldn't cope.

Halp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home